Alaska Airlines has exciting news for travelers seeking summertime adventures. The airline will introduce seasonal nonstop flights from Anchorage to New York City and San Diego. Daily flights to New York JFK are set to commence on June 13, 2024, and weekly flights to San Diego will begin on May 18, 2024. These flights are already available for booking on the Alaska Airlines website.
This new nonstop service between the bustling Big Apple and the captivating Last Frontier provides New Yorkers with a convenient way to explore the natural wonders of Alaska, including outdoor adventures, rich Alaska Native culture, delectable seafood, breathtaking landscapes, and history-rich towns. Notably, this is the only nonstop route connecting New York JFK to Anchorage.
Jillian Simpson, President and CEO of the Alaska Travel Industry Association (ATIA), expressed her excitement, stating, “We’re eager to welcome guests to our great state from the city that never sleeps to the land of the midnight sun on Alaska’s new nonstop flight.” She added, “Summer is an incredible time to visit Alaska with our warm, long days. There’s so much to do in Anchorage and in the smaller towns nearby, mapping out your itinerary might be the toughest thing you do before heading west.”
Alaskans, known for their love of travel, can now enjoy nonstop flights to destinations like New York City and San Diego. Marilyn Romano, Regional Vice President for Alaska Airlines, emphasized the importance of providing travelers with great options. She said, “Alaskans love nonstop flights to and from the state. We like having great travel options and adding places such as New York and San Diego definitely fit the bill.”
During the peak summer season, Alaska Airlines will operate a robust flight schedule with 63 departures a day from Anchorage. With these new routes, Alaska Airlines will offer nonstop services to 14 destinations to and from Anchorage in the summer, spanning the Lower 48 and Hawaii. These cities include Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, New York JFK, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Seattle/Everett (Paine Field).
New Anchorage Routes for Summer 2024
- Anchorage to San Diego: May 18 – Aug. 17, Saturdays, 2:50 p.m. – 9:10 p.m. (Aircraft: 737)
- San Diego to Anchorage: May 18 – Aug. 17, Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:45 p.m. (Aircraft: 737)
- Anchorage to New York JFK: June 13 – Aug. 19, Daily, 8:00 p.m. – 7:05 a.m. (Aircraft: 737-8)
- New York JFK to Anchorage: June 13 – Aug. 19, Daily, 9:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Aircraft: 737-8)
All times are local.
Alaska Airlines will operate the Anchorage-New York JFK route using its 737-8 aircraft, which offers the longest range in their fleet. This route, spanning 3,386 miles, will become the longest flight in their network.
Travelers on Alaska Airlines can look forward to an award-winning experience. First Class and Premium Class passengers enjoy early boarding and the most generous legroom among domestic carriers. These passengers can indulge in complimentary hot meals with fresh, West Coast-inspired flavors, along with various beverages. Premium Class passengers can also enjoy complimentary cocktails, hand-selected wines, and local beers.
Additionally, every seat on Alaska Airlines’ mainline aircraft is equipped with power outlets, enabling passengers to access hundreds of free movies and TV shows on their own devices during the flight. High-speed satellite Wi-Fi is also available for purchase, and travelers have the option to pre-order from a range of fresh meal selections to customize their in-flight dining experience.
About Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines, along with its regional partners, serves over 120 destinations across the United States, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, and Mexico. They are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and boast an industry-leading loyalty program. As a member of the oneworld alliance and with additional global partners, Alaska Airlines enables its guests to travel to more than 1,000 destinations on over 25 airlines while earning and redeeming miles for flights worldwide. For more information, visit news.alaskaair.com and follow @alaskaairnews for news and stories. Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group.
1. When will the nonstop flights from Anchorage to New York City and San Diego begin?
- Daily flights to New York JFK will start on June 13, 2024, and weekly flights to San Diego will begin on May 18, 2024.
2. Why is the Anchorage-New York JFK route special?
- The Anchorage-New York JFK route covers 3,386 miles, making it the longest flight in Alaska Airlines’ network. This route will be operated with the new 737-8 aircraft, which has an extended range.
3. How many nonstop destinations will Alaska Airlines offer from Anchorage in the summer?
- Alaska Airlines will serve 14 nonstop destinations to and from Anchorage during the summer season.
4. What other cities will be accessible nonstop from Anchorage?
- In addition to New York City and San Diego, you can fly nonstop from Anchorage to cities such as Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Seattle/Everett (Paine Field).
5. What benefits do First Class and Premium Class passengers enjoy on Alaska Airlines?
- First Class and Premium Class passengers can take advantage of early boarding, generous legroom, complimentary hot meals with fresh West Coast-inspired flavors, various beverages, cocktails, hand-selected wines, and local beers.
6. Do Alaska Airlines’ mainline aircraft have power outlets for passengers?
- Yes, all seats on Alaska Airlines’ mainline aircraft are equipped with power outlets, allowing passengers to charge their devices during the flight.
7. Is Wi-Fi available on Alaska Airlines flights?
- Yes, Alaska Airlines provides high-speed satellite Wi-Fi for passengers to stay connected during their flight. Wi-Fi is available for purchase.
8. Can passengers pre-order meals on Alaska Airlines flights?
- Yes, travelers have the option to pre-order from a selection of fresh meal options to customize their in-flight dining experience.
9. What destinations does Alaska Airlines serve globally?
- Alaska Airlines and its regional partners offer more than 120 destinations across the United States, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, and Mexico. They are also part of the oneworld alliance, allowing guests to travel to over 1,000 destinations on more than 25 airlines worldwide.
10. Where can I find more news and updates about Alaska Airlines? – You can find the latest news and stories about Alaska Airlines at AviationAdda, and follow their updates on Twitter at @Aviation_Adda.
These FAQs should provide you with information about Alaska Airlines’ recent announcements and the services they offer. If you have any specific questions or need further details, please feel free to ask.