Tentative Agreement Reached
- Southwest Airlines Co. announces a Tentative Agreement with the Transport Workers Union Local 556 for nearly 19,000 Flight Attendants.
- The agreement signifies a commitment to safety and hospitality, ensuring passengers have a safe and welcoming journey.
Upholding Safety and Hospitality
- Adam Carlisle, Vice President Labor Relations at Southwest Airlines, acknowledges the dedication of Flight Attendants to maintaining safety and hospitality.
- The agreement is the result of collaborative efforts between negotiating committees and guidance from federal mediators.
- Flight Attendants, represented by TWU 556, will receive communication regarding the agreement and the voting process.
- This milestone allows Flight Attendants to have a say in their contract.
About Southwest Airlines Co.
- Southwest Airlines Co. is a globally acclaimed airline renowned for its exceptional value and hospitality.
- Operating at 121 airports across 11 countries, Southwest has prioritized friendly, reliable, and cost-effective air travel since its inception in 1971.
- The airline maintains a strong commitment to its employees, fostering an enviable record of no involuntary furloughs or layoffs.
- In 2022, Southwest Airlines carried more than 126 million passengers and achieved 47 consecutive years of profitability.
- With a focus on community and environmental responsibility, Southwest Airlines aspires to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Check Southwest Airlines Flight Status:
Readers may also like:
For more Aviation Updates connect with us on Telegram – AviationAdda