Turkish Airlines has made notable changes to its intercontinental flight operations for the Northern summer of 2024, set to take effect from March 31, 2024. Here are the latest adjustments as of October 27, 2023:
This table provides a clear overview of the changes in Turkish Airlines’ Northern Summer 2024 intercontinental operations.
|Istanbul – Atlanta||11-JUN-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||7 to 10 weekly|
|Istanbul – Bangkok Suvarnabhumi||31-MAR-24||Reduce||Airbus A330-300||17 to 14 weekly|
|Istanbul – Boston||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A330-300||Daily|
|Istanbul – Cape Town||01-APR-24||Aircraft Change||Boeing 787-9||Daily|
|Istanbul – Chicago O’Hare||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change||Boeing 787-9||7 to 5 weekly (until 02-JUN-24)|
|Frequency Change||(Overall 14 to 12 weekly)|
|Istanbul – Colombo||04-APR-24||Increase||Airbus A330-300||4 to 5 weekly|
|Istanbul – Denpasar||01-APR-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A350-900XWB||Daily|
|Istanbul – Detroit||11-JUL-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||4 to 5 weekly|
|Istanbul – Hanoi||05-APR-24||Increase||Airbus A350-900XWB||4 to 5 weekly (Daily from 14-JUL-24)|
|Istanbul – Havana – Caracas – Havana||02-APR-24||Maintenance||Boeing 787-9||4th weekly|
|Istanbul – Ho Chi Minh City||12-JUL-24||Increase||Airbus A350-900XWB||5 to 7 weekly|
|Istanbul – Houston||08-JUN-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||7 to 10 weekly (Planned from 01-APR-24)|
|Istanbul – Johannesburg||31-MAR-24||Discontinuation||2 weekly nonstop terminator|
|Istanbul – Johannesburg – Durban||01-APR-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||3 to 4 weekly (until 14-AUG-24)|
|14-AUG-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A350-900XWB|
|Istanbul – Johannesburg – Maputo||02-APR-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||2 to 3 weekly (until 12-AUG-24)|
|12-AUG-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A350-900XWB|
|Istanbul – Kathmandu||31-MAR-24||Increase||Airbus A330-300||3 to 4 weekly|
|Istanbul – Kuala Lumpur||01-APR-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A350-900XWB||777-300ER service maintained (instead of A330-300)|
|Istanbul – Male||01-APR-24||Maintenance||777-300ER service maintained||(instead of A330-300)|
|Istanbul – Manila – Cebu||01-APR-24||Maintenance||Airbus A350-900XWB|
|Istanbul – Mauritius||12-JUL-24||Increase||Airbus A330-300||3 to 4 weekly (Overall Mauritius service increases from 5 to 7 weekly)|
|Istanbul – Mauritius – Antananarivo||09-JUL-24||Increase||Airbus A330-300||2 to 3 weekly|
|Istanbul – Mexico City – Cancun – Istanbul||31-MAR-24||Maintenance||Boeing 787-9||11 weekly (instead of 5 weekly|
|777-300ER and 6 weekly 787-9)|
|Istanbul – Miami||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change||Boeing 787-9||4 of 7 weekly (until 09-JUN-24)|
|10-JUN-24||Aircraft Change||3 of 7 weekly (until 13-AUG-24)|
|13-AUG-24||Frequency Change||TK157/158 increases from 4 to 7 weekly (Overall increases from 11 to 14 weekly)|
|Istanbul – Montreal||31-MAR-24||Maintenance||777-300ER service maintained||(instead of A350-900XWB)|
|Istanbul – Newark||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A330-300||Daily|
|Istanbul – New York JFK||31-MAR-24||Frequency Change||Airbus A330-300||7 to 5 weekly|
|10-JUN-24||Aircraft Change||Boeing 777-300ER|
|09-JUL-24||Seasonal Increase||(Previously filed as 3 weekly A330-300, 4 weekly 777-300ER for entire season)|
|Istanbul – Osaka Kansai||31-MAR-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||4 to 7 weekly|
|Istanbul – Panama City||31-MAR-24||Increase||Boeing 787-9||4 to 5 weekly (Overall Panama City service increases from 11 to 12 weekly)|
|Istanbul – Phuket||07-APR-24||Frequency Change||Airbus A330-300||4 to 3 weekly|
|Istanbul – San Francisco||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A350-900XWB||Daily|
|31-MAR-24||Frequency Change||TK289/290 reduce from previously filed 7 weekly to 4 (Overall reduce from 14 to 11 weekly)|
|Istanbul – Seattle||08-JUL-24||Aircraft Change||Airbus A350-900XWB||Daily|
|Istanbul – Taipei Taoyuan||31-MAR-24||Maintenance||Boeing 777-300ER||Daily (instead of Boeing 787-9)|
|Istanbul – Tokyo Narita||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change||Boeing 787-9||Daily|
|Istanbul – Vancouver||16-JAN-24||Maintenance||777-300ER service maintained||(instead of A350-900XWB)|
|Istanbul – Washington Dulles||31-MAR-24||Aircraft Change/Frequency Change||Airbus A350-900XWB||TK187/188 reduce from previously filed 7 weekly to 4 (Overall 11 weekly instead of 14 during this period)|
FAQs – Turkish Airlines Northern Summer 2024 Intercontinental Operations
- What are the major route changes for Turkish Airlines’ intercontinental operations in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- Turkish Airlines will increase flights from Istanbul to Atlanta from 7 to 10 weekly.
- Flights between Istanbul and Boston will be operated by A330-300 instead of the previously scheduled A350-900XWB.
- Istanbul to Cape Town route will see a change from A350-900XWB to 787-9.
- Chicago O’Hare will be served by 787-9 instead of A350-900XWB.
- The Istanbul to Detroit route will increase from 4 to 5 weekly with 787-9 aircraft.
- What is the schedule change for flights between Istanbul and Hanoi in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- Flights between Istanbul and Hanoi will increase from 4 to 5 weekly and later to 7 weekly from July 14, 2024. A350-900XWB aircraft will be operating these flights.
- What changes are happening on the Istanbul to Houston route in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- The route from Istanbul to Houston will increase from 7 to 10 weekly and was initially planned for April 1, 2024.
- What adjustments are made to the Johannesburg service for Turkish Airlines in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- The two weekly nonstop terminator flights from Istanbul to Johannesburg will be discontinued. Johannesburg service will remain at 7 weekly with additional frequencies to Durban and Maputo.
- How is the Istanbul to Kuala Lumpur route changing in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- Turkish Airlines will replace the previously scheduled 777-300ER with an A350-900XWB aircraft for the TK060/061 route.
- Tell me about the Istanbul to Male route’s aircraft change.
- The service between Istanbul and Male will be maintained with 777-300ER aircraft instead of the previously scheduled A330-300.
- What’s the change in the Istanbul to Mexico City route for Turkish Airlines in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- Istanbul to Mexico City route will operate 11 weekly flights with 787-9, replacing the previously scheduled 5 weekly 777-300ER and 6 weekly 787-9.
- How is the Istanbul to Miami route changing?
- Turkish Airlines will replace 4 of the 7 weekly flights with 787-9 on TK077/078 from March 31, 2024, to June 9, 2024. The frequency will increase to 3 of 7 weekly with 787-9 from June 10, 2024, to August 13, 2024.
- What aircraft changes are taking place on the Istanbul to Montreal route?
- The 3 weekly flights from Istanbul to Montreal will continue with 777-300ER instead of the previously scheduled A350-900XWB.
- What are the aircraft changes for Turkish Airlines flights to New York JFK?
- Flights from Istanbul to New York JFK will see a reduction from 7 to 5 weekly flights with A330-300 from March 31, 2024, to June 3, 2024. It will then switch to 777-300ER starting from June 10, 2024. The previously scheduled flight was 3 weekly A330-300 and 4 weekly 777-300ER for the entire season.
- What is the aircraft change for Istanbul to Osaka Kansai route?
- Turkish Airlines will increase flights from 4 to 7 weekly with 787-9 aircraft.
- Tell me about the Istanbul to Panama City route’s changes.
- The Istanbul to Panama City route will increase from 4 to 5 weekly flights with 787-9, replacing the previously scheduled A350-900XWB. The overall Panama City service will increase from 11 to 12 weekly.
- How is the Istanbul to Phuket route changing in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- The route will be reduced from previously scheduled 4 weekly flights to 3 weekly flights, and A330-300 will be used.
- What is the aircraft change for Istanbul to San Francisco route?
- Turkish Airlines will use A350-900XWB for TK079/080 instead of previously scheduled 777-300ER for 1 daily flight. From March 31, 2024, to July 13, 2024, TK289/290 will reduce from 7 weekly to 4.
- What changes are happening on the Istanbul to Seattle route?
- Istanbul to Seattle route will be operated by A350-900XWB, replacing the 787-9 aircraft, for 1 daily flight starting from July 8, 2024.
- How is the Istanbul to Taipei Taoyuan route changing in the Northern Summer 2024 season?
- Turkish Airlines will maintain 1 daily 777-300ER service, replacing the previously scheduled 787-9 aircraft. The 777-300ER aircraft is scheduled from February 1, 2024.
- What is the aircraft change for the Istanbul to Tokyo Narita route?
- The route will be operated with 787-9 aircraft, replacing the previously scheduled A350-900XWB for 1 daily flight.
- What changes are happening on the Istanbul to Vancouver route?
- The Istanbul to Vancouver route will continue with 3 weekly flights using 777-300ER, instead of the previously scheduled A350-900XWB, starting from January 16, 2024.
- Tell me about the changes on the Istanbul to Washington Dulles route.
- Turkish Airlines will operate A350-900XWB instead of the previously scheduled 787-9 for TK187/188 from March 31, 2024. From March 31, 2024, to June 2, 2024, TK187/188 will reduce from 7 weekly to 4.
Please note that this information is based on the latest adjustments as of October 27, 2023, and is subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date flight information, please refer to Turkish Airlines’ official website or contact their customer service.